Hey friends. I know it is a little late to establish a reading list for the summer since the summer is over halfway complete, but up until this point in my recovery I have not felt like reading. If you know me at all, then you know that I absolutely love books. That being said, I have created a Summer/Fall list of books that I would like to read. Below is the list. It is a lot of books but maybe by Christmas I will have them read. Maybe. Ha. It is a good goal, anyways! What are you currently reading? If you have any recommendations to add please share them in the comments section. 🙂
4. The Set Apart Woman by Leslie Ludy – I love everything written by Leslie, and her husband Eric, and I am sure this will be no exception. Leslie’s books are always super encouraging and convicting and I always walk away from her writings with a deeper desire to dig in God’s Word.
5. Longing for Paris by Sarah Mae – I’ve recently discovered Sarah Mae’s writing and just received this book yesterday. The cover of this book alone makes me want to start reading, although I know we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover..ha! I have read the first few pages and it is fabulous so far. Sarah Mae speaks directly to the heart of women and has such a beautiful way of communicating. I recommend this for all women, especially my mom friends out there.
6. Leota’s Garden by Francine Rivers – I have almost read all of Francine’s books except for this one. All of her work has been so amazing and I don’t think this book will disappoint. If you haven’t done so already, read “Redeeming Love” and ” The Atonement Child.”
7. The Mingling of Souls by Matt and Lauren Chandler – Matt is one of my favorite pastors and writers and I look forward to reading more of his and Lauren’s wisdom regarding marriage and relationships.
8. One More Wish – Christy & Todd: The Married Years by Robin Jones Gunn – The Christy Miller Series will always be my most favorite. I grew up with these books and have loved this new series based on my favorite characters. I’ve pre-ordered this upcoming book look forward to receiving it and catching up with my “Forever Friends.”
7. At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon – I am from a family of readers, and I think that all the ladies in my family have read this entire series, but me. I know, I know. I am a bit behind, but I plan to remedy that real soon.
8. The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun – I have heard Brother Yun’s powerful story many times but I have never read the book. I am looking forward to reading this intense book on the power of Jesus Christ in one man’s life.
9. Nobody’s Cuter Than You by Melanie Shankle – I have been a longtime reader of Melanie’s blog, “Big Mama,” and I love the humorous ways she tells a story. I’ve already started this book and it does not disappoint. This is a book you should read with your best girlfriend so go pick up a copy for you and your BFF and start reading.
10. Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline – A few months ago I asked my dear friend Sara what was one book I needed to read and she immediately said “Orphan Train.” Sara, is a book lover like myself and has a great blog reviewing some of her favorite books. Check it out here.
11. Devil At My Heels by Louis Zamperini- I greatly respect this man and his bravery and I look forward to reading more of his story.
14. What are Your Afraid Of? Facing Down Your Fears With Faith by Dr. David Jeremiah – The other day I was on my Kindle and meant to download the sample for this book, but accidentally purchased and downloaded the full book. I guess God wanted me to read it. 🙂
15. You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity by Francis and Lisa Chan – I love the Chans and their deep devotion for the ministry of Jesus Christ. I know that this book is full of helpful advice for married as well as single people, and will bring you closer to Jesus. Also, 100% of the net proceeds from this book will support various ministries including those that help provide shelter and rehabilitation for thousands of children and exploited women around the world. 🙂