In my last post, I talked about feeling restless and God’s peace. Through His peace, God has been reminding me daily of things to be thankful for that I like to call “little mercies.” No matter how mundane or hard our lives may seem at the moment, because of Christ we always have something to be thankful for. This summer I have decided to start journaling more and be intentional about recording these little mercies each day. This exercise helps me keep perspective when things seem otherwise gloomy. I would like to share some of my “little mercies” from today, and challenge you to take a moment to consider and be thankful for the little mercies God is bringing your way.
– My sweet Savior Jesus Christ
– Awesome parents who I consider my best friends
– Dear friends who I can share life with and who love, listen, and pray for me when times get hard.
– Nurses who daily help make my daily life easier during this season
– Jon Guerra’s new album, “Little Songs.” I think this is my theme music for the summer now. Why did I wait so long to listen to his music?? So good! Favorite songs are “Nothing Better,” and “Wherever You Are.”
– Psalms – I have been reading through them lately and they are a balm to my soul. Psalm 91:4 has greatly encouraged me the last couple of days. It states, “He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.”
– “I Come Quietly To Meet You” Devotional by Amy Carmichael – Later in her life, Amy some serious health problems that left her homebound for years.
– Diet Sundrop – What can I say? I am addicted to this soda. I am definitely a Carolina girl and this is my summer treat.
– My pool – which is my favorite dwelling place for the summer especially over the last week or so during what feels to be the hottest time of the year. Also, it has been a great form of exercise for me as I have been recovering.
Okay , now it is your turn. What little mercies has God given you this week? Think and pray on that this weekend.